I was starting to get ideas for writing songs again. I ran into my friend Shu from high school and said "I think I'm going to start writing songs again, do you want to play some with me?" He was interested but noncommittal. I explained that I was thinking they might sound like a mix of three bands, but the only one I can remember is "a male Sleater-Kinney!" For some reason that phrase became the (unfortunate) way the project was described throughout the rest of the dream, though I knew it made me look like a dummy.
Oddly enough, when I woke up not only did I have S-K's "Turn it On" in my head but also "The Harder They Come," the Dead Milkmen's "Jellyfish Heaven," and "Fishheads," though I'm reasonably certain they weren't the other elements of my dream project.
And! the dream may have taken place somewhere in Mesopotamia.