Strange whirl of dreams. One: I'm a telepath. Possibly connected to two: JL, a girl I went to junior high with, is auditioning all the boys in the class to be her boyfriend (though it seems to be the current day). We are all lined up (or possibly sitting in rows) and she is sitting behind a large screen. When it's my turn I find that there's a poem written on the wall of the screen, which I am to read to her. Figuring I'm about to blow all the other goons away, I start reading, only to find that I'm somehow unable to read a complete line from start to finish: not only is my voice weak and scratchy but I'm physically incapable of doing it (the effect is like a needle trying to track over a scratched-up record). So I clear my throat and start over, this time reading the words top to bottom rather than left->right. Also, I lower my voice, cup her face in my hand, and read right into her ear. I am very impressed with my innovation in the face of danger and can only conclude that she is struggling to remain objective.
Three: centered on a bar and a job on some remote college campus where I work. A very popular form of speed that lets you determine exactly how many more hours you need to stay up. Robyn Hitchcock frequents the bar, and vomits. My girlfriend is there and accidentally kisses DH, who graduated from my college my freshman year and is undertaking a survey, which he has come to interview me for. The survey is one question involving the tenacity of toads as metaphor for something else, but I don't remember what.