Monday, May 01, 2006

From Chicagoan Robert Boldt:

"April 12, 2006 7:30 AM Dream
We were negotiating a large airliner around the streets of Chicago. We were trying to get back to
the airport. Heading up Western Ave west of Rogers Park, I remembered a side street we were
supposed to take to get back to the airport. Somehow we missed the turn and ended in an alley. The
tolerances between the width of objects and the span of the wings became less and less, until we
were sort of stuck between a garage and a tree. We barely cleared scraping the side of the garage
only to come up against a light post. I had seen how fighter planes on aircraft carriers in WWII
had wings that folded in order to economize on space. I wondered if that might work in the case of
our craft, and sure enough it did. The outer three feet of the wing seemed to be held on by some
sort of leather hinge. We folded the wings over and exited the alley."