Monday, March 22, 2004

I had hired a young band of wily detectives to investigate a break-in at my house. We gathered up all the house members & sat around telling them about the numerous times the house had been broken into and what was stolen. This took close to 3 hours. At some point it turned into a party. The detectives kept getting up to get each other beers from the 'fridge & someone sparked a joint. I got really frustrated by this & snapped at someone.
Then it was Thanksgiving & I was coming out of the polling station in Berkeley (don't know what I was voting for...hopefully an Native American president) & I ran into an ex-boyfriend & an ex-housemate both named Scott. I found this very amusing. They were not amused. I invited them both back to my house for thanksgiving dinner.
At the house a full party/wake was in swing. Everyone was in black & some extended relatives were crying. I had this scrawny excuse for a turkey (free=range of course!) which I popped in the oven. I got self conscious about the front yard which need to be raked. I went out front to find my hired band of detectives sitting on couches drinking beers & started picking up after them which kinda ticked me off. My friend Elliot showed up & I told him there was beer inside. A lot of time passed I raked the yard & then had a couple cold ones with the detectives. Forgot about the turkey. Remembered the turkey and went running inside to pull it almost burnt to a crisp out of the oven. Wanted to make some stuffing but could not find a pan. Got pissed and left. It started raining. I saw this display outside a store that had this huge ostrich like birds perched inside it. One kinda attacked me but then let me scratch its neck.

I was trying to parallel park but kept ending up near red curbs.