Saturday, February 07, 2004

The invisible man is back. At certain moments he is me, and at others someone else. We are involved in some kind of conspiracy which involves blowing up the boiler room of my high school, which in this instance is some kind of giant flea-market, and escape on some kind of yacht.

I am in some kind of book group with kids from my high school. The big kids haven't done the reading. I am eating my cereal. I decide that the bowl I am using is much too small, so I look in some kind of cupboard and discover a bowl which, to my delight, is much larger.

Suddenly thick black smoke and ash begins to spurt out of a chimney which I can see outside the window of the book group. The building shakes a little bit. I know that the invisible man has done his appointed task. The big kids look excited because they are going to get out of school. Suddenly the invisible man reappears beside me, grey hat first (looks kind of like B.L.'s hat) and then his face which is covered in blue paint.

"To the boat, mon vieux," he says...