Wednesday, June 02, 2004

There aren't any accessible laundromats in the greater Brattleboro area, they are all either closed or the washers and driers are all broken. Even the one in the 7-11 which is some kind of automated old-school affair whereby the dirty clothes are put through a series of wringers and dunkers. This is irksome because I have a large, heavy bag of dirty laundry. I am supposed to meet G in town in a couple of hours. I finally stumble upon the campus center of some unnamed university and find a functioning version of the old-school washer like from 7-11. There is a Dork, however, who is using the equipment, and moving quite slowly. I try to explain to the Dork that I have to meet someone in town very soon and I need to do my laundry, so could I please have a turn at the machine. Drunk with power, and perhaps bitter that he has no appointments of his own, the Dork will not grant me egress to the machine. I decide it is a lost cause and will walk into town to meet G (I am already an hour late). On the way into town, dragging the bag of laundry behind me, I encounter a nude one-armed man who has no face and a pair of sewn-on buttons in the place where his eyes should be and also his nipples. I try to communicate to him, but he seems oblivious.

I reach the family theme-dining restaurant where I am supposed to be meeting G. I find her table where she is seated with a bunch of people I don't recognize. She's wearing some kind of shiny red plastic stockings and sitting in the lap of a morbidly obese man. She seems irked that I am an hour late, and apparently takes her revenge by making out periodically with the morbidly obese man. End of dream.